Pages


Thursday 27 October 2011

Peak Scar

On wednesday evening, I found my self busy phoning round, trying to find a climbing partner. After trying to contact 7 people, not one was free. Still, having not fully lost all hope, I decided I'd head to Peak scar and get a few routes in with Jack and Matthew. On arrival, I found them part way up Jordu, so I promptley tagged along up the route.

Next I was lucky enough to be offered the sharp end of the rope and so I made a suprisingly brisk ascent of 'Birdland Direct', which, having reched the top, realised I hadn't really placed much gear.
Matt on 'Free Bird'
I was quite pleased that Jack and Matthew were keen to try Mine and Jakes route, 'Freebird' so I went off to solo 'Downbeat', my first solo of a 'longer' route, despite it not being very hard. I returned and again met them at the mid point belay. Matthew led the top pitch over the roof which I think he enjoyed?!

I also met Stephen Brown at the crag, which was interesting to meat one of the past moors activists and hear what he had to say....

No comments:

Post a Comment