Pages


Sunday 28 August 2011

Park Nab

The day after I had arrived back from Jersey, I got a text from matt with a plan for an evening seshion at the wainstones/ravenscar. Feeling pretty good about my experiences in Jersey, I was pretty psyched to get on the classic 'Satchmo'.

After Picking up Rich, we headed to the wainstones, and passed Park Nab, It looked pretty good and I hadn't been before, so soon enough our plans were changed and we were approaching the on looking crag.....

We all lead and soloed various classics which were basked in the sun. I Soloed longbow and then soloed bow string a classic HVS 5b micro route.
After that I had a go on one of the clasics of the crag, Hari Kiri HVS 5a which definately one of the better routes on the moors at that grade.

After that it began to get dark and I thoguh I may as well have a go at pessimist E2 6a. It began well and I placed good gear in the letter box slot below the groove. It was by this time getting quite dark and I made the move off the small pocket onto an odd sloper. From this it was a large reach up and to a small hold. My foot slipped and I was off! I had another go, but by this time I was pretty pumped and it was not to be. Ah well, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment