Pages


Tuesday 9 October 2012

First E3 onsight

E3, a grade that appears to have evaded me for sometime. I feel like Ive improved quite reasonably recently in my climbing but I have not managed a true onsight of the grade. I've tried my hand at head pointing quite a bit recently which I've quite enjoyed, and I'm sure has something to do with my recent betterment. However, it's not what I'm about. Onsight is where it's at.

Thorgill was the crag we were headed. I knew of 'Thor's Axe', a fine but intimidating E3 arete, Dave and Franco's latest addition to the crag.

After a bit of dossing about and generally avoiding the route, I thought 'sod this' and got on it. The gear in the break was quite tricky to place and once it was in place, I tried the long reaches up the arete but they were too much. After a bit of time though, both Matthew and I managed the route onsight, Brilliant! Lets hope this is the way my climbing is going to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment