Pages


Tuesday 22 November 2011

Wainstones avec Jake and Matthew

We headed up for the steens yet again. Jake had his eyes set on leading concave wall, so after some puntering about he lead it in fine style. As he started, his dad turned up who immediately told him to
"Put some gear in son!"
"But there isn't any yet dad"
"Well sort it out!"
"But there isn't any till that break!"
"Oh, well don't fall off, hardest ascent those Ronny's have ever seen you know!"
Any way, once his dad's unhelpful wittering he got to the top.

I on the other hand didn't have such a productive day, I tried west sphinx direct, but ended up down climbing from the move into the break. I didn't really do much else, but the Matthew Ferrier turned up so we did a bit of bouldering on the slab. We had a pretty good time and did all of the problems on the slab, the hardest of which, the 6a, Jake managed before me so I was a bit pissed off, but never mind. All in all, all I managed was a solo ascent of central route but not to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment