Pages


Sunday 2 January 2011

a step up!!

After the ice melted, the temperatures hit 2 degress :o so we decided to have a look at ravenswick quarry for an afternoon. This was for 2 reasons. One we were all desperate to get out climbing again, especially after christmas to use the new boulder mats and 2, because blacks had a sale on, and so, i went for it and bought the first bits of my rack :). set of wires-£25 and almost a set of hexes-£37 :) bon. This was then combined with some of my friends more 'dated' gear, though still sound (suprisingly none of which was placed). I have learning the techniques for outdoor climbing and leading for the past year thanks to a far far more experienced climber than my self (thanks Matt).

On arival we found the crag drenched from top to botom on nearly every climb. aswell as this, all of the low angle climbes were covered in snow :(. Even the black wall (the all weather gym) had taken a fair brunt of dampness after all the snow and only the most chalked holds were still dry :(.

Too psyced, we couldnt leave and so set about having a climb, more specifically my first lead. If I had done this climb any other time it would have been a solo if i'm honest, vdiff i think. however in the conditions it was more like a HVS and took me a fair while. I guess we could call that a lead? well lets see who tells me other wise first, (bet i can guess).

After that, we bouldered around and Jake had a go at leading on the rigging solo. I'm hoping to go back before the end of the holidays to lead something good and proper and have a good bouldering sesh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment